Chicago-Kent Bar & Gavel Society Inducts 12 Students
Graduating seniors are chosen for service to the law school, community and legal profession
Twelve members of IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law's Class of 2012 have been named to the Bar and Gavel Society.
Each year, IIT Chicago-Kent's Student Bar Association inducts into the society graduating seniors who have distinguished themselves through outstanding service to the law school, the community and the legal profession. The names of the most recent inductees, who will receive their J.D. degrees from IIT Chicago-Kent on May 13, 2012, will be prominently displayed on a plaque in the law school.
Selected for membership in the Bar and Gavel Society are: John M. Auchter, Umar Bakhsh, Jack E. Bentley, Katherine J. Calhoun, Elizabeth K. Camille, Candace D. Hansford, Joseph F. Janas, Kirtana S. Kalavapudi, Richard L. Madison, Rachel A. Remke, Nazanin Tondravi and James R. Vergara.
The ceremony, held on Tuesday, April 24, also honored faculty, staff and alumni with the following awards:
- Ralph Brill Award: Professor Sarah Harding
- Staff Member of the Year: Oscar Gramjo
- Adjunct Professor of the Year: Bob Surrette '97
- Professor of the Year: Professor Kent Streseman
- Alumnus of the Year: Kevin Gallardo '08
- Student Organization of the Year: Intellectual Property Law Society (IPLS)
Congratulations to all who were honored for their service to Chicago-Kent!